When I first stumbled upon Anil Agarwal’s blog, BloggersPassion and saw that in a random month he earned a total of $17,036, which is the real and clear target for most of the bloggers. Also, he has a huge fan following on social media like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
On his blog, Anil talks about SEO, Making money online, Affiliate marketing, WordPress and traffic building tips. I believe he is a great blogger and pleasure talking to him on our platform.
I kept seeing his blog mentioned on most of the Internet space. He has been mentioned in just about every “best of “list of bloggers” in India.
I contacted him via email and he was kind enough to respond to give an interview about his story.
Hi Anil, It’s really great to have you here. Could you please tell our readers a bit about yourself?
Hi, my name is Anil Agarwal, I’m the founder of Bloggers Passion which was started back in 2010. It has been over 9 years since I’ve started the blog and it is working really well for me in terms of more search traffic and overall profits.
Is blogging your main career or part-time? How much time do you spend on it?
I’m blogging full-time now and I usually spend 6 to 7 hours a day on my blog where I mostly spend time on SEO and also running a Facebook group which you can find here.
What is the information that you share with your readers on your blog?
We share mostly SEO, blogging and affiliate marketing related stuff. So if you’re looking to build a profitable blog that makes more money and gets a lot of traffic, you should check out the blog.
It is always great to see BloggersPassion growing, what is your traffic generation strategy?
Majority of the Bloggers Passion traffic comes from search engines and there’s a reason why we focus more on search traffic because it converts really well. People who visit your blog from search engines like Google tend to convert more because they are usually “buyer oriented”.
That being said, here are a few quick tips you can follow to increase your overall traffic.
- create highly informative and detailed contents
- makes sure to perform keyword research for every single post you publish
- come up with relevant LSI keywords for your primary keywords to include within your blog posts to optimize well for search engines
- use tactics like guest posting, blogger outreach, etc to start building links
Recommended reading – 12 FREE Secrets To Increase Your Blog Traffic
How can bloggers approach content strategy with a minimal budget?
You should get started small. Start small, think big and aim for long term results. That’s what I did too. Initially, we started writing a short form of articles and then once the search traffic started increasing, we created in-depth articles which generated even more traffic and more importantly sales.
What is the revenue source of your blog?
Mostly we make money from affiliate marketing which means we sell other products and earn a commission. That being said, affiliate marketing doesn’t work better if you’re just creating contents as you need a proper strategy to make it work for you!
You can read Bloggers Passion yearly income report to find our traffic and income sources along with the screenshots.
Would you encourage other passionate people to start their blog and what would be a few practices you would suggest?
Yes, definitely everyone who’s passionate about blogging and making money online should start their own blogs and here are few tips that will help in 2019.
- start a blog on WordPress as you can have access to a ton of themes and plugins (so you can do anything from SEO to optimizing your posts with ease)
- create a content marketing strategy (you need to publish posts consistently)
- either hire a writer or spend time on writing (you can even write once in a week) for the initial months
- don’t ignore SEO (as it plays a key role in generating long-lasting traffic to your sites)
- find a monetization strategy (decide how you want to make money from your blog such as offering services, affiliate marketing, selling courses, using Adsense and so on)
Many thanks for taking the time to educate on blogging, Anil.